How To Measure Your Wheels for Spoke Protectors
1. Find the diameter of your wheel. In most cases the diameter is written on the tire. As you can see in the photo above, this tire has 24 inch written on it.
2. If it is not written, measure the diameter of the tire as shown in the photo. Don't be surprised if your tire size is not exact. A 24 inch tire which is under inflated or has a high pressure tire may appear to be somewhat less than 24 inches.
3. Order your spoke protectors by the tire size. In the example here, the tire size is 24 inch, order a spoke protector for 24 inch tire.
* If your tire diameter is 24 inch, you will receive spoke protectors that are approximately 19 3/4 inch.
* If your tire diameter is 22 inch, you will receive spoke protectors that are approximately 18 inch
* If your tire diameter is 20 inch, you will receive spoke protectors that are appoximately 16 inch
As you can see in the photo below spoke guards of 19 3/4 fit the spoke area of 24 inch wheels. Note, your spoke protector may fit somewhat differently.